Tuesday, August 26, 2008

There's a risk associated with this post.......

Ariann this is for you. You requested a picture of the front of grandma's new house and here it is.
Wow! those tangerines look so big. It must be true what they say about the camera lens adding 10 pounds! That however, was not what I was shooting. Check out the newest/old apron. This is for Rachel's birthday. Yes, it is another "re-purposed" item. We found this dish towel in Zach's favorite antique store while we were in Salt Lake. It was also available in yellow but Aubrey liked the pretty blue best. (She was right--it is more retro looking) I must get it in the mail today so it will only be a few days late!
I always loved big bows in the back! Can you believe we were wearing dresses with same said bows on our butts when I was in high school? What were we thinking?!
Okay, I will explain this post title. Here is the risk: I have earned the reputation of a cheapskate! Sunday evening the high priest group leader called to tell me that he had an assignment for me from the bishop. I am to be the concluding speaker at the combined, 3rd hour meeting Sunday (5th Sunday). Evidently he and the Elder's Quorum Pres. will speak first on the topic of personal financial standards put forth by the church. My assignment, should I decide to accept it (yeah, right, like I have a choice) is to talk about how we can live those standards on a daily basis.
I was confused and asked Gerry Wilson to clarify AND to explain WHY ME?! His answer has left me scratching my head: "The bishop thought you would be perfect for this. He said something about you making clothing out of old curtains or some such thing." WHAT?! First of all---how does the bishop know I do that and secondly, what does my hobby have to do with following the prophet's counsel to stay out of debt?!! I can't wait to ask bishop about this one! When I told Gary, he was not enthused about my less than flattering reputation. His comment: "Great! Does the whole world have to know you're CHEAP?!" Answer: I guess they already do-- thanks to the world of blogging.

3 comments:

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

Love, love, LOVE that apron. Can you make one in my size?! I forgot to tell you that Cindee Maxwell started a blog. You can get to it from Chrissy's blog on my blog. Her family is BEAUTIFUL! It's fun to see them. Check it out!

Unknown said...

I LOVE it too! Thanks for making it for her!:) Ariann, i just told her to make an adult one too!:)
What talent! You'd better get your etsy shop up and running!

Anonymous said...

Diane, loved the big bows too! How creative you are! Hey, what is that in the picture? Soap? How in the heck did they get that all over the lawn. Looks like a blast!