Friday, August 22, 2008

Can Our Vacation Really Be Over?





Oh how I miss the comfortable summer temperatures of Utah/Idaho summers! We came home last evening to Tropical Storm Fay and what a mess she has made! The stiffling sticky air makes me miss those desert summers more than ever but it was good to sleep in my own bed last night!
We had a great time with the Williams family at Cub River Lodge. Uncle Randy had planned great meals and the time with family was a welcome treat. Today as I posted my pictures I discovered that I had gotten very lazy because Aubrey (the professional) was there with her camera. What made me think that her pictures would work for me? How did I miss getting one big family shot?! I guess with that many people it would have been difficult to get everyone gathered together at the same time.
From that outing held just outside of Preston Idaho, we headed up to Pocatello to another family gathering organized by Ron's girls. Gina's house was the perfect place for cousins to play and get to know each other. Plenty of activities kept everyone entertained and again, the food was plentiful and delicious! Thanks Gina and Jared! (I think I spelled her name wrong. Hope she will forgive me.) We all commented on what polite children she has. What fun to see how the Davidson family has grown! Thanks everyone!
We spent some time at Grandma and Grandpa Sumner's new place in Logan. It is beautiful and they have done a great job of decorating and turning it into a home. More great meals! Gary went golfing with dad and I was able to attend a relief society meeting at a care center where mom taught the lesson. She did a great a job and all those elderly ladies were very appreciative!
Other highlights include: A visit with my dear friend Liz Leary, accompanying Aubrey on a couple of photo shoots, shopping and sewing with Aubrey while Gary took Zach on a hike up Ensign peak, swimming at Murray park, barbeque with Paul's gracious parents as hosts, ride downtown on Trax for our own photo shoot with the kids, chinese dinner (in honor of the Olympics?) with Kent and Aleta, and listening to Rachel tell of her experience with a public pool where she was forced to wear a swim diaper a few weeks ago. I will laugh at her re-telling for years to come. It went something like this:
"And I told them, like........ I have been potty trained for like..........THREE DAYS!" You had to be there but trust me, it was hilarious! It was fun to have all three kids comfortable with us and willing to let us hold them and smother us with hugs and kisses! Oh how I wish it were possible to live where we could enjoy ALL of our family at the same time. We were grateful that Ariann, Travis, Kaity and Brayden braved the storm and picked us up at the airport. Bryce got along just fine without us for 10 days and probably enjoyed his independence!
I'm sure grateful for my family and that includes all of my extended loved ones! We are truly blessed!

3 comments:

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

glad that you had a good trip. Finally I get to see some pictures of grandma and grandpa. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Diane..I loved our visit! I'm already looking forward to the next one. Loved reading your Blog. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Unknown said...

We miss you already! It was fun, huh? But I'm sure your own bed was divine!:) Love you!