Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Nana's Version of "Transformers"


Vintage curtains and a new bedskirt are transformed into skirts for my girls! The pictures look kind of dumb but in real life they are very cute. (At least grandma thinks so.) I made these last night for Katie and Rachel. I thought Katie's would look a bit more grown up if I did a band on the bottom instead of a ruffle. This morning I went on a hunt for fabric to make cute tops out of. I came up empty but I did find this adorable hat on a clearance table for only $1.00. Enlarge the photo Aubrey so you can see the cute flowers on it. I don't know if Rachel will keep a hat on her head or if it will fit but it was worth the gamble. I'm thinking that a cute black and white polka dot material in that peasant pattern you bought the other day would be cute for Rachel. I have something a little more grown up in mind for Katie. A polka dot vest for a layered look. Aubrey if you think your friend JaNae would like a skirt like Rachel's let me know. I have plenty of fabric and it won't take me long to whip one up. If you get me some measurements I can bring their matching skirts with me. The dragonfly green fabric is kind of like a denim/canvas. I know we will have to find something soft for the peasant blouse.

9 comments:

Jana said...

I love, love, love the picture of you and your kids. The screaming baby is so perfect (we had a Christmas card like that once). I am super impressed by your creations by the way. My sewing and craft skills are hideous to say the least, and I am always amazed and in awe of people who are blessed with such talents and skills. You go girl!

Thanks for finding my blog (and liking it)
www.themeanestmom.blogspot.com

Travis said...

umm I am Aubrey friend Janae. At least I hope I am the right Janae. I was just going to leave a message saying....WILL YOU PLEASE ADOPT ME? I love all your creations. Maybe I should pick up sewing too.

I would love to give you some measurements. When DD gets home I will jump on it!

Unknown said...

I think they are cute mom! Rachel says she can't wait for her new clothes!:)
I love the flower print!

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

I'm loving the A line skirt! I need to buy you some more fabric and have you help me make a few more just like it so Kaity will have some more school skirts that actually cover her behind! Oh and she loves the vest idea! Sooo hannah montana ya know!(kaity's words- not mine!)

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

i am trying to leave you a comment and it doesn't work right!

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

I am still trying to leave you a comment

Anonymous said...

Diane, I can't believe your nack for putting great patterns and fabrics together. These skirts are so cute! Wish we could sew together. Then I could watch while you did the sewing!
When you make your next trip to Utah we'll have to run to the DI and pick up some fabric's...what a panic!

Nana's heart said...

testing Evidently people have not been able to leave comments for 2 days. I have no idea what is wrong. This is just a test.

Anonymous said...

Diane...I can't believe you nack for putting patterns and fabric together.Those skirts are adorable! Wish we could get together and sew. That way I could watch and talk while you did the sewing. HAHA
When you come to Utah, we'll have to go to the DI and look for fabric together...that would be a panic