Friday, September 19, 2008

This Really is a New Post

It just looks like an old one because I posted the pumpkins again. This time's for you Liz because I couldn't describe the garland I intertwined around them. Ariann found it at WalMart and I thought it added so much. Enlarge the photo so you can really see it. It was cheap! Don't you wish it had pretty little gold, orange and red twinkle lights wired into it. How cute would that be?!
Well, another week down. I had planned to have Monday and Tuesday off so I could clean my house but it didn't happen so tomorrow I HAVE to spend at least a few hours and clean what should have been cleaned last Saturday. The secretaries at the high school are so good to me. They are keeping me busy and I appreciate it because the school district is not letting teachers have many subs this year due to cut backs. There are thousands of us on the list and I'm blessed to have people looking out for me!
I had some rough classes this week and they always make me sad. It's a good thing there are wonderful classes and students mixed in. It makes me happy when so many know me by name now and holler out "Hey Ms D! Waaasup?" (translation; what's up.)
My friend Donna Law is the business manager for a Shakespearian (sp) theater company in Orlando and she invited Terry Trombley and I to a dress rehearsal for "Kiss Me Kate" Tuesday night. We had such a good time and I'm so glad she thought of us! I do love live theater! Thanks Donna and thanks Terry for going with me!
This has been a stressful week. Our little Zachary (Aubrey's oldest) has been so sick with severe stomach pain they had to take him to the hospital. The doctor wouldn't even see him in the office for fear it was apendix. They ran a bunch of tests and finally got out of him that he is being bullied at school. We are just worried sick about it. Hard to believe it starts in 1st grade. I have seen some horrible things in the schools here (at all grade levels) and I have comforted myself with the knowledge that at least my kids would be okay in Utah. This is heartbreaking but we have to trust that our prayers will be answered and a solution will be found soon. Keep him in your prayers everyone. Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Zachary, that makes me so sad. You bet I will remember him in my prayers!
I loved the garland and am hoping I can find it at my Walmart. I did find some darling fabric and am real excited to get started! Thanks for the quick answers to my questions. I appreciate it. What a cute blog that gal has! What talent!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the garland! I found some the otherday - now I need to get them finished before Christmas...HA HA HA! Thanks for remembering Zach!:)

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

Did I tell you that I love your fireplace mantel during the fall? Normally I would like to see it white, but it really works well the way it is for fall! :)