Sunday, December 14, 2008

An Old Fashioned Christmas...What Fun!

I haven't blogged in a long time and the following pictures will help explain why. Last night was the ward Christmas Party that we have been working on since before Halloween. I have had LOTS of help. Ariann has been a trouper. I litterally mean "trouper". We have been all over creation looking for treasures to turn into costumes or props. What fun we've had! I think we managed to "make a Christmas memory."

Gary was Clement Moore, the writer of Twas the Night Before Christmas. He read the story and everyone got to see the beautiful pictures on a power-point presentation.
Jerry and Carol Wilson were 2 of our 6 host/hostesses. They actually rented their own costumes and they looked fantastic!

This was our quartet practicing for the song that introduced the theme. "Have An Old Fashioned Christmas this year."


Here, hosts were introducing Charles Dickens who told a little background of "A Christmas Carol."



This room was our doll maker shop. Melanie Ambs' character told the story about when she was a little girl living in a mining camp in Colorado with her father. Supplies were scarce and the snows were deep. That year Santa brought her a doll carved from a white potato. It was such a beautiful story and she told it so believably that it made me cry. After the party Kaity said to me, "Grandma, my favorite part was the 'doll story'. It made me cry!" We were in different groups and saw that performance at different times so Melanie must have had a beautiful spirit with her each time she told the story.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Diane! That was simply amazing! I was touched just reading about it. I wish I could have been there! Sounds like all the hard work and effort payed off in a very spiritual and very fun night for everyone there. Your costumes were fabulous! P.S. I never saw the comment on my Thanksgiving blog or I would have posted it. How about sending it again?

Unknown said...

Horray... You did it!
It looks like it was a great night!
The costumes are amazing...especialy the Santa one!
Wish we could have been there!