Sunday, October 12, 2008

Perfect Setting for a Halloween Tea Party


Maybe if you enlarge these pictures you will see the spanish moss hanging from the tree branches and the ferns growing profusely on the limbs in the first picture. Enlarge the second one and you will see the headstones in the background. Can you think of a better spot for a "little sqwee Halloween tea party?" Okay, so maybe some over protective mothers would find it a bit morbid but I bet I wouldn't have to worry about reserving the gazeebo!

Gary was anxious to get his hospital picture off my blog and since I had nothing to blog about and since we were both going stir crazy, we decided to take a little drive. We have lived in Apopka for 4 years this month and believe it or not, we have never walked around our city cemetary-----that is until this afternoon. We were surprised by 2 things. First, we expected to find some really old graves. The oldest we saw was birth date 1819. Second surprise, they don't have rules about how much junk you can clutter your loved-ones grave up with or how long it can grow mold before you have to remove it. Let me just say that some people have never heard of "spring cleaning"! I should have taken pictures of some of the worst offenders! Note to my kids: "If you ever turn my burial site into a landfill, I will haunt you until you clean it up! I can handle a few weeds but I draw the line at stuffed animals that are growing things from every pore."

5 comments:

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

That really is a spooky place. I hate taking that shortcut road. I won't do it at night!

Unknown said...

It is really Creepy! It might give the little girls NIGHTMARES!!!:)
I was thinking it would be great for pictures though (without the headstones!):)

Anonymous said...

who would put a gazeebo in a cemetary? Is it for the living to sit and gawk or the dead to sing and dance? KrEEpy no matter what! Perfect Halloween set up for a spook alley. It was fun though to see pictures of a cemetary in Florida. I got a kick out of that. I guess I am glad that our cemetary cleans up all the stuff we leave!

Nana's heart said...

We couldn't figure out who was supposed to use it either but from the number of wasp nests on the ceiling I have a feeling no one has been using it for a long time---dead or alive! (My poor girls, I think they were afraid I was serious about having a party there! I guess I have done so many crazy things over the years they wouldn't put anything past me!)

Maxwell Family said...

Hi Diane!!! I have loved blogging with your girls, I'm so glad to hear from you. You look the same as when you lived here! How cute a girls tea party, not sure about the cemetery idea??? I think you might have lots of screaming little guests when they figure out where they are. Keep in touch. Cindee