Friday, October 31, 2008

Lot's of fun on Halloween!

Our little Halloween spooks! Hyper before they even started the candy hunt! Well another Halloween has come and gone and that means another ward activity under my belt. What a zoo! Wed. night was the traditional Trunk-or-treat and for the second year in a row we also made it a chili cook-off/cake decorating contest night. It was impossible to count but we think there were about 300 people. Not enough tables in the building to accomodate but everyone was a good sport about the chaos! Lots of people had done as we requested and brought their friends and neighbors. Next year we will have to move it outside. The fire marshall would have shut us down! Good thing he didn't make a surprise visit! Hope our little spooks in Salt Lake had a good time tonight as well!
Bishop putting on a brave face and trying out my Kitty Litter Cake. It looked disgusting but some people said it was delicious. It wasn't the disgusting presentation that got to me. It was the texture!

Ariann's cake was an adorable graveyard! She won one of the four prizes and there were 18 amazing cakes. I thought she deserved to place but I promise I had nothing to do with the judging!


A shot of Travis and Gary at the chili table.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like it was fun! YUmmy! Now I am wanting some chili!

Anonymous said...

Diane, that cake looked pretty scarry! As an owner of 4 cats, yep thats right 4. I don't think I could have eaten that. What a clever idea for Halloween though! I loved the pooper scooper as well!

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

If you want to see a cake that is even worse check out mean moms blog yesterday. Seriously, I almost threw up!

Maxwell Family said...

Your grandkids are adorable! I did tag you but don't worry about it, I don't really like those tags things anyways. I'm a little surprised that you aren't more computer savvy!!!