Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's the New Me!



These pictures are for you Aubrey.....Proof that I really did something drastically different! For two years now I have had kids at the high school ask me if I am Mrs.____________'s sister. I have "subbed" for her a few times and her kids always ask me that, but this year, a whole new batch of 9th graders asked me that question when I was "subbing" for a teacher in an entirely different subject and part of the building. I had to believe there must be something to it. She is a very nice lady (that must be why they think we're sisters...... lol) but she isn't particularly attractive (so our looks certainly can't be the similarity factor......again, lol) Anyway, I decided that I must be in desperate need of a make-over. Now, here's the sad part: Ariann and Aubrey couldn't agree fast enough that I needed a new look and they have never even seen Mrs. _________________! Poor woman, she must have the same dark circles and bags under her eyes. This week I'm going to hit a cosmetic counter (if I get a day off) and see if someone can work some magic on my face. Here's hoping! Ariann went with me to get the haircut. I needed the moral support. Maybe she'll be willing to help me pick out the perfect eye shadow and lip gloss. Actually, concealer is what I really need! Does anyone know what product can erase about 10 years? I'm open to suggestions. Just don't recommend a plastic surgeon. He's not in my budget!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute hair!!! What fun, I wish I were brave enough to cut mine. Let me tell you, nothing will help with a hair net! I am leaving mine long so I can tuck it back and have it stay. It looks so bad that I bought some lip stick, hopefully to draw attention away from my hair to my face and believe me, I've been trying to hide my face for a long time! Oh well, now when I take my hairnet off it's such an improvement I really don't look to bad.

Nana's heart said...

Liz, I love the way you look at the bright side of things! That's what I need---a hairnet. Are you liking the job? I guess I should ask this on your blog. I'll do that too!

Unknown said...

I think it's cute! You have always looked young, so I think some new makeup and cute glasses will make you look even more young and hip!:)

Maxwell Family said...

You have NOT aged one year in my opinion. You look adorable I love the hair-cut. Thank you so much for your sweet encouraging words about my son and his mission. It's so nice to hear form a Mom who's been there. Somedays I just miss him so much, and it feels like two years are an eternity. Then I think WOW he's already been gone for 6 mo. You have done a great job with your kids, I'm glad you had the moral support of your sweet daughter, Mom's need that!

Nana's heart said...

Wow, I have sure have wonderful family and friends who say the kindest things! Thanks girls!