Friday, July 17, 2009

Looking for a House to Buy?

Ours is one of a zillion for sale now in Central Florida! Forget the others....ours is just what you're looking for! Do you think that sounded convincing? Our faith will be tested on this venture. When we bought the house 5 years ago, the prices were heading up. We never dreamed it was possible that we could lose money on a home investment, I guess because we never have. Just the opposite. In the 8 homes we have owned during our 33 years of marriage, we have always made money. I guess it's true---there's a first time for everything. It would have been nice to break even but at this point we are hoping the loss won't be devastating.
Aubrey here's the picture of the bedroom upstairs I was telling you about. Maybe if you blow this one up you can see the cut-work detail in the curtain. I love this curtain. Probably my favorite in the house. The picture below shows the old window with plates hanging on it that our Realtor thought maybe we should take down because it's too "country". I told her to think of it as cottage because it is hanging from an antique coat hanger and I have no paint left to touch up the holes it will leave. Besides, I LOVE my old window so a potential buyer will just have to get over it!

Tell your friends to move to Florida and buy my house but no one I love is allowed to move here! We are going to get home to the west "come hell or high-water". Five years is long enough to be homesick!


3 comments:

Maxwell Family said...

Your house is darling!!!! I'm off to the temple today and I'm going to put your name in the Reno temple.
It will all happen, but not without testing your faith & patience.

gram said...

Beautiful home Diane! Should go fast!

Holly said...

Gorgeous home Diane! Very, very charming. I hope you find just the right buyer.