Tuesday, May 5, 2009

OOOPS!!!

This post goes with the pictures below. I was so excited to see them I forgot to type the script. I don't think I will ever get good at this blogging thing!

Last week it was a bear in the backyard, this week it is a snake in the parlor! I don't know why the blog cut off the end of the snake---it shows up on the computer. It was about 40 inches long. EWWWWW!!! Anyway, this beauty was discovered by Gary yesterday in the parlor as we were headed out the front door first thing yesterday morning. That means he at least spent the night with us! I could hardly make myself get up last night to go to the bathroom for fear he had a friend curled up on the floor somewhere. I am so grateful I wasn't home alone. I'm also very grateful it didn't climb into bed with me! Gary got a flat nosed shovel (so as not to damage the wood floor) and carefully chopped off his head. I know there are people who will be outraged that we killed the thing because for all we know he is the harmless kind that eats rodents. I DON"T CARE! ANY SNAKE WHO HAS THE NERVE TO COME INTO MY HOUSE IS A DEAD SNAKE!!! After all, he knows the way in now and what was to stop him from returning! We wish WE knew how he got in!

The other pictures are from the Leu Gardens that we found yesterday. They are beautiful even though it's coming into our hot season and many things are not blooming now. We thoroughly enjoyed our walk through miles of beautiful trees and flowers. The highlight was a tour through the old mansion. Very interesting. If you come for a visit we will take you there. But only if you're here on Monday morning (just kidding) but we discovered it's free admission on Monday morning before noon. That was a fun surprise! Enjoy my snapshots of Florida, especially the snake!

1 comment:

Maxwell Family said...

You sure have strange house guest! uck...I wouldn't sleep for days. I hate snakes so much. Bears I like, but NOT snakes. You have some very interesting critter's visiting you. Gotta love spring!!!