Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spring "Bloomers"

Aubrey I should have had these in the mail before this but I ran out of elastic for the waste bands and haven't had a chance to get to the fabric store. It's not close enough to home! Anyway, the top picture shows an example of the white eyelet bloomers and the cream colored ones. I especially love the trim on the cream. I won it on an e-bay auction last year and finally figured out what to do with it. I had enough to make a few pair in a couple of different sizes.
These are the pantaloons I made for Rachel and Emmy. I'll get everything in the mail in the next day or two. Their's are in the cream color to go with their Easter dresses. The trim is not the same as in the picture above---not quite as delicate but still very feminine. The picture doesn't do justice to the fabric. As always, I'll hold my breath and hope they fit!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

They are so cute mom! I LOVE that people always stop to ask where I get such cute clothes! I proudly smile and say, My mom makes them!:)

Maxwell Family said...

The bloomers are darling. I wish my girl was still little. I had so much fun dressing her in bloomers and dresses and bows. She doesn't come near all that lace and frilly stuff anymore. You are a sweet grandma to make all those cute clothes for your grandaughters!!!

Nana's heart said...

Thanks for the sweet comments girls! What's the fun in having little girls if you can't dress them up! (Even if it only lasts for a few years!)

Dubb Days said...

SO CUTE! Those are perfect for little girls that are still trying to figure out that they need to keep there dresses down. Plus efancy for those girls just wanting to look girly:)

Maxwell Family said...

Diane,
Just wanted to send my well wishes to you and your sweet husband. Please know we are praying for you and sending get well wishes your way. Thanks for all the encouraging words to me over the past few months, I wish I could re-pay you now in your time of need. Conference seemed to speak to ALL of us who are experiences challenges in our lives. The overall theme seemed to me... "Be of good cheer" . That would be my advice to you, positive thoughts, cheerful attitude seems to help us get through the trails easier. Or at least make them bearable! You are one of the most positive people I have ever known, so that won't be too hard for you.
Hugs to you both, love you. Cindee

Maxwell Family said...

Thanks for the good news regarding your sweet husband. I hope he has a speedy recovery and gets back to normal soon. Happy Easter to you and your sweet family.